Cathode Tan - Games, Media and Geek Stuff
logo design by man bytes blog

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Fighting Fantasy

While box-diving at Mom's, I discovered my old Sorcery! books, which were part of the Fighting Fantasy series by Steve Jackson and Ian Livingstone. While usually portrayed in it's role for popularizing dice based role playing systems, particularly ones with simple mechanics, this format is also a kind of interactive narrative ... so I'm curious about implementing a similar RPG system into the IF engine (which still has no name, but might get called "Cathan" for the original story for which I wrote the first engine). Sorcery! is not the kind of thing I'd be likely to flip through now, but if there was a casual web-based version of it ... well, then maybe.

On a side note, we also found an old copy of Toon, written by Costik and Warren Spector. Funny to just run across those names on a cover somewhere.




tagged: ,

No comments: