Cathode Tan - Games, Media and Geek Stuff
logo design by man bytes blog

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Do You Want Your HDTV?

Kotaku ponders over an apparently non-existent link to a thread about whether the 360 is a good enough excuse to purchase that HDTV which has been winking at you.

Is it? I had originally guffawed the notion that a console could persuade me to go ahead and spend over a grand on even another gadget. Course, I didn't take into effect that perhaps 360 games actually do look bad on "classic" television. Nothing worse than watching some fancy demo at the store only to get it home and it looks like fast moving smears, I suppose. I guess I'll have to wait till more people get it in their mits or see some screenshots to see if that's true or if the guys over at Kotaku just need their eyes checked.

My HDTV purchase is a ways off, regardless. I have an old RCA 36 incher which is, quite honestly, a tank. I really didn't know RCA made them this solid when I bought it, which was well over five years ago and the thing is showing no signs of slowing down. The Girl and I would love to see some unforeseen accident befall on it so that we could free up some living room space, but unless someone has a TOW handy, I don't see that happening.

1 comment:

Tony said...

This is something I've been thinking about, too. A lot of people are gonna be disappointed when they get their new Xbox 360 home and the games look like trash.