Cathode Tan - Games, Media and Geek Stuff
logo design by man bytes blog

Monday, March 27, 2006

(Some) Microsoft Employees Call For Ousting Ballmer

Apparently some of the usually faithful people employed by Microsoft are going after Steve Ballmer in response to Vista's delays. Personally, I don't know Ballmer from Adam ... and come to think of it I don't even know any Adams currently ... but as an outsider I've always found him extremely annoying in interviews and public speeches. If Microsoft is looking to seperate themselves from the "evil monopoly" reputation, giving Steve his golden parachute (does he even need a parachute? At his tax bracket doesn't he just float?) would probably not be a bad first step.

Although, on the other hand ... I'm actually glad Vista is being delayed. I have no desire whatsover to upgrade my PC past what I really need, and it really sounds like Vista is going to be more likely to get me to just go to an Xbox than continue updating a Windows box.



tagged: ,

1 comment:

Josh said...

My newfound love for OS X is a huge factor in not being jazzed, or rather much the opposite, about Vista. OS X is the first non-Amiga OS to remind me of the Amiga OS, and I have really grown to heart it something harsh. I've never been a big Mac fan before, as I always found them less versatile but just as error prone as anything else.

The Mini is the converse, it's less error prone and more versatile than any computer I've used in a long time.

I completely agree with you on Vista's sys reqs and just how silly it is. Microsoft has made Value Add their actual OS, burying it nonsense I'm sure I really don't need. Dashboard is as intrusive as I want any system level application.

And I'm also still of the opinion that Vista is not, despite all the hype we'll be hearing, about reviving the PC games market. Anything which is forcing upgrades on people is part of the problem, not the solution, no matter how whizbang. People are leaving PCs as a game platform because they're tired of software updates, tired of hardware upgrades and tired of spending more on games which are getting marginally closer to what we see on our television.