Cathode Tan - Games, Media and Geek Stuff
logo design by man bytes blog

Monday, March 27, 2006

Indigo Prophecy Recap

I finished Indigo Prophecy on Friday, mostly to get it back in the mail for what will be GameFly's final chance at being able to deliver games (literally).

Hopefully, this game did well enough in stores to convince people to continue playing with the adventure game format in more similar ways. Prophecy was good, if not somewhat flawed. The story was poorly paced towards the end, crashing all of it's lofty elements together without nearly enough exposition to justify it all. The controls continued to be confounding, except in the "Simon Says" or multiple choice option.

One note to designers, though, about the "L1 R1" Track & Field style button mash. Some of us life long geeks suffer from severe tendonitis. OK, I don't know how many ... but I do and almost made the game unplayable for me. Not that I expect developers to design around my particular malady, but there is a reason why gaming has gotten more ergonomic over the years.

So it was good, and I would really look forward to a similar title. However, it would be a shame if they didn't get better as well.






tagged: ,

No comments: