Cathode Tan - Games, Media and Geek Stuff
logo design by man bytes blog

Monday, January 29, 2007

Unreal Tournament III

Originally titled "Unreal Tournament 2007", Epic is now going with "Unreal Tournament III". This is only odd to those people who got close enough to the Unreal code (licensees and modders) long enough to know that it really should be UT IV. UT2004 departed significantly from UT2003 in a variety of ways (enough that, for instance, a lot of my early work wouldn't port easily) and so technically this is the fourth iteration of the game (UT, UT2003, UT2004, UT...).

I will also be the first to admit that this point of nitpicking is silly, geeky and utterly meaningless to the general public. UTIII is a fine, fine name - I just thought I'd point out my first reaction to it.


tagged: ,

No comments: