Cathode Tan - Games, Media and Geek Stuff
logo design by man bytes blog

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Might Be Cobbling A PC

I ran into an odd bit of dumpster diving a couple days ago. Just taking out the trash, I saw the back end of a computer in the alley bin. So I pulled it out. Looked like it had been tossed down a flight of stairs. Someone had taken the side panel off, but left the CPU, RAM, hard drive and DVD players. So I took inside, pulled everything but the HDD (too hard to access) and tossed the rest.

I don't know if any of it works, but I might pick up a AOpen Cube case just to have something to shove it in and find out. Worse case scenario is that I have a case should I ever upgrade down the road. Odd because I had almost sworn off PC's completely, but when a couple hundred bucks worth of components falls in you lap, it's hard to pass up.




tagged: ,

No comments: