Cathode Tan - Games, Media and Geek Stuff
logo design by man bytes blog

Monday, November 27, 2006

Zune Hates Firefox

Anyway, as I said, I have an up to date box but the Zune software refused to install. Guess why? Because I tried to download it using Firefox, my browser of choice. Luckily for me an iTWire reader had the same problem. So Microsoft wants to alienate about 13% of browser users - actually about 40% in Germany and more than 20% in Australia - who use Firefox and force them to use IE 7 just so they can download the Zune software.
-- Why consumers are angry with Microsoft over Zune


Yeesh. That's just bad form. A good example of Microsoft using its own monopoly to hurt itself and consumers. Apparently the hardware requirements are oddly high as well. Does Microsoft want people to use this player or not?




tagged: ,

No comments: