Cathode Tan - Games, Media and Geek Stuff
logo design by man bytes blog

Friday, June 03, 2005

Dev Night Diary: Events and Sockets

Haven't had one of these in a bit, so I thought I would raise the notice that yeah, I am still developing. My biggest concern is that the XMLRPC code I'm using within the game itself will violate the LGPL because Torque 2D is closed source. The iTunes visualizer is pretty much all open source, so it's not an issue there. Theoretically - no big deal, because all the client needs to do is format a request and parse the response. For HTTP transactions, it would only be simpler if the RPC server was using GET instead of POST ... but that's not much of a leap.

Problem I have right now is that I can't seem to get any of the T2D events from their net classes to trigger. They run, but they don't seem to tell anyone. I'm not sure if this is a problem with the Mac build, because the code seems to work elsewhere. I'd rather be playing with procedural textures, but it's hard to justify that when I couldn't even release this to anyone, even for free, until this code is replaced.

No comments: