Cathode Tan - Games, Media and Geek Stuff
logo design by man bytes blog

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

My iPhone 3.0 Wishlist

The 3.0 OS coming out (for developers at least) today is a great welcome home present. Here's what I'd like to see:

- Proper MMS support. I still think this is an almost disturbingly user unfriendly aspect of the current phone and one we keep running into it.

- Power saving modes. I don't why this doesn't come up more, but maybe it is because I travel so much that I'm constantly fiddling with my settings for better conservation. But if instead of just "Airplane" I could also do "Battery Saving", "Performance", etc., it would be quicker than adjusting WiFi, brightness, etc...

- Cut and paste. This wasn't nearly as I high on my list until I ran into some hitches with an app I was working with ... now I'd really like to see it.

- Bluetooth data tethering and the SDK support to handle it. Forcing everyone to use WiFi to do wireless transfers is a burden.

- SDK access to calendar. There is already access to contacts, and there's nothing more evil I can do to your cal that I can do with your address book.

- SDK access to music. Apple needs to ease off that people are going to stop using the iPod program. Pay attention to other gaming platforms that allow you to use your own soundtrack.

I could probably keep going, but I'll hope for these for now...

No comments: