Cathode Tan - Games, Media and Geek Stuff
logo design by man bytes blog

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Making Of System Shock 2

On Next Generation:

An inexperienced team working on the sequel to one of the most respected
games in PC history. It sounds like a recipe for horror. And it was but in
a good way.
Read Full Article, THE MAKING OF... System Shock 2

I had minor complaints about SS2, but my biggest regret is probably that I didn't finish the game. This is a great insight into how the team brought it to bear.

1 comment:

Winkyboy said...

Been thinking about SS2 ever since ever since. I yearn for someone to replicate the interface where you can switch from look-fire mode to look-interact mode. That was so very, very KEY to how good the game was (is).

I beat the thing three times, third time in multiplayer with my sister-in-law, and then started it multiplayer with some friends a couple times after that. I just recently installed it again and I'm amazed how dedicated the fanbase is out there - they've totally streamlined the installation and play of SS2 for modern systems. Way Cool.