Cathode Tan - Games, Media and Geek Stuff
logo design by man bytes blog

Monday, December 11, 2006

Patrick's Apokalyptica: Evangelion/Manson Mashup

Brilliant Apokalyptica celebration over at King Lud:

I watched The End of Evangelion to a soundtrack of Marilyn Manson's Mechanical Animals. It synched up nicely, but only because I put it on a x2 fast-foward and cut out four songs on the album: Dissaciative, I Want To Disappear, New Model No. 15 and User Friendly. I also started the first song right at the title, skipping the live action part at the beginning.
-- The End of Mechanical Animals

He breaks down the song by scene as well. I know Brin was going for a Dead Rising event. Zombies are so wonderfully apokalyptica. I was watching this week's Battlestar Galactica and noted that it's truly apokalyptica - whereas my even more favorite show Firefly just doesn't have that fragile sense of doom (except, of course, for the most shiny episode Out of Gas).

Lost Room starts tonight on the SciFi channel - will definately have to give that a watch as well.



tagged: ,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This Apokalyptica thing has grown legs -- yay!