Cathode Tan - Games, Media and Geek Stuff
logo design by man bytes blog

Sunday, July 03, 2005

Wireless Independence

Blogging this from the backyard, where the new wireless network is clicking in at about three bars. I had to put Windows XP over my old Xandros install on the aging Thinkpad because several makes later Xandros was still shaking it's head over the D-Link DWL-G630 card that Best Buy had on sale. Sadly, XP not only got the card talking to the network in about five minutes, but also seems to run faster.

I'm not sure how much use we have for wireless in our narrow two bedroom, but it's something I've always wanted to try. Plus, this old laptop has been pretty good to me, so it's nice to find some uses for it. Next I'll probably keep my eye out for old wifi pda's on eBay.

No comments: