Cathode Tan - Games, Media and Geek Stuff
logo design by man bytes blog

Monday, March 28, 2005

Game In A Day

I had apparently stumbled on this earlier, and then forgotten to actually read through it. I would say "how odd" if it weren't that I do that about 20 times a day. At any rate, GID is a NanoWriMo style contest for quick game dev. For those not in the Nano, that means it isn't really a contest and people basically play on the honor system. It's more of a communal bragging-rights competition than anything else. So basically a small group of indie developers get together for a day and egg each other into starting and finishing a game from scratch before collapsing.

I'm sure I'm not explaining this well, so check out their website for more. I'd heavily consider participating this year, being a new owner of a shiny Torque 2D SDK, but this weekend is already filling with social excuses.

No comments: