Cathode Tan - Games, Media and Geek Stuff
logo design by man bytes blog

Friday, April 13, 2007

Detailed Hand-Drawn Zork Map


Kottke identifies it as a Dungeons and Dragons map, but unless my memory deceives me (and if often does) this hand drawn map depicts the Great Underground Empire.


Fun Fact! It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.


Update: Tablesaw correctly identifies the game as Zork predecessor Dungeon and thanks to Joystiq I see the map's originator also has downloads for Windows, OS X and Linux.

2 comments:

Tablesaw said...

Technically, it appears to be a map of Dungeon, which was the original official name of Zork when it was a mainframe game. You'll note that several notable elements from Zork II and Zork III (The Bank of Zork and the Royal Puzzle) are still included.

Josh said...

Ah yes. I really thought it was just a random dungeon (as I guess kottke did) until I recognized some of the room names.