Cathode Tan - Games, Media and Geek Stuff
logo design by man bytes blog

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Let's Go NaNo

It's November 1st ... that mean's it's NaNoWriMo time. 50,000 words in 30 days. I'm going to be taking a bit of time today to get textualbeast.com up and running, which will be the placeholder for Cathan, my interactive fiction piece.

For fellow NaNos, I found NaNoWriMoProMe to be an excellent meter graphic last year.

And if you're on OS X, you might check out TUAW's list of NaNo utilities for the Mac, including free word processors and the like.

2 comments:

Brinstar said...

Ugh. I don't think I will be able to write every day. Yesterday I was meant to have reviewed last year's writings so that I can continue where I left off, but that didn't happen, so this is what I will do today. And I still don't know where the story is going!

Josh said...

The typical Nano response would be "it doesn't matter, just write" ... but I actually found that pretty useless. I really did need to know where I was going, because writing just random things was slow and bothersome ... whereas events that I knew where somehow connected, even vaguely, went pretty quickly.

Time is definately the hardest part. I generally tried to get something in over lunch and before I went to bed. Kinda like brushing teeth, heheh.