Cathode Tan - Games, Media and Geek Stuff
logo design by man bytes blog

Monday, October 31, 2005

No Demo Today

I think it's safe to say I won't be getting my interactive fiction demo done by tonight. Sorry, it's just that I ran into some framework and design issues this weekend, so I wasn't able to just sit down and "write it" as I had hoped. It's really extremely short ... if one knew the solution you could probably run through the demo in like five minutes. Mostly just a proof of concept. However, some conflicts with modern browsers (namely their desire to prefill every form element) is going to require some new interface tweaks I hadn't counted on, the conversation handler is less robust than I currently need and I need a node for each hand instead of one for both in the inventory. But hey, if the Simpsons can hold out until November, so can I.

It definately looks like I'll be making this my NaNoWriMo project instead of editing my last entry.

No comments: