Cathode Tan - Games, Media and Geek Stuff
logo design by man bytes blog

Friday, December 05, 2008

That Pushing Daisies / Wonderfalls crossover

So, I was highly expectant to see Wonderfalls and Pushing Daisies cross, I just didn't expect them to pull out one of the more obscure character to do it with.

Yeah, if I was a serious Wonderfalls geek, I would have recognized the Muffin Buffalo routine, but as it was I missed it. In retrospect, I guess expecting Jaye show up was a bit much - but I was hoping for at least a Mahandra cameo.

Pushing Daisies spoiler to follow...

However, there was (or might have been) a sly reference to Jaye herself when Chuck is listening to the dead Dwight Dixon speak. That seemed distinctly like a Wonderfalls moment to me, and it will be interesting to see if it was a one time nod or if the surreal aspects of the shows will blend at all in the future.

I'm assuming the former, since inanimate objects talking to Chuck might turn into a bit of a stretch.

No comments: