Cathode Tan - Games, Media and Geek Stuff
logo design by man bytes blog

Monday, October 20, 2008

NaNoWriMo Around The Corner

It's about to be NaNoWriMo time, and this is not going to be an easy year for me. I'll start the month off with a conference in San Fran and end it with the normal family bonanza and we might have a vacation in Door County in between, cutting my workable nights down considerably. Sadly The Girl doesn't accept NaNo as a decent reason for her to drive while I type either...

However NaNo is not about the finish, but rather about the rather insane march into producing something quasi-unreadable in the first place. And in light of recent events though, I don't think I could not do it this year. In preparation for my probable defeat, though, I think I'll be diverging from the normal format of "string random plot events together in the hopes of a storyline" and have a variety of starting points to tell shorter stories instead. Whether these will use the same characters, be interwined, whatnot, etc - we'll see.

Currently the name is "30 Fortunes" and the plan is to use fortune cookie fortunes as the impetus for the stories. Actually, my first task will be to start collecting fortunes...

2 comments:

Chase Driven said...

Your NaNoWriMo link goes to NaNaWriMo (which gets me what I need, when I need it). So, question: does this mean you are also having a good solid 30 days of Chinese food? Awesome.

Josh said...

Good catch...

Yeah, the mechanics are still being worked on...