Cathode Tan - Games, Media and Geek Stuff
logo design by man bytes blog

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

GTA Ads On CTA Bus Stops



I can't tell you if this means the ads won't be pulled from bus stops, if they simply haven't been pulled from bus stops yet or if the CTA never even pulled them from buses because they realized the best way to get Fox News to STFU is to simply call them, tell them what they want to hear, and not actually do anything since it's not like Fox News has the journalistic integrity to double check the facts anyway.

3 comments:

sterno said...

I recall that the bus stops are run differently. I think a private entity funded the stops in exchange for rights to the ad space. I may be misremembering it, but that would explain it.

Josh said...

Yeah - I think that's right. I think JC Decaux supplies the shelters and holds the ad rights.

Josh said...

And of course this means that Chicagoans aren't seeing any of that money.