Cathode Tan - Games, Media and Geek Stuff
logo design by man bytes blog

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

One Giant Space Ring To Rule Them All

Rumors have been confirmed, Peter Jackson and Fran Walsh will be producing the Halo movie. From the press release:

“As a gaming fan, I’m excited to bring HALO's premise, action and settings to the screen with all the specificity and reality today’s technology can provide,” said Jackson. “Fran and I are intrigued by the unique challenges this project offers, and we’re delighted to be working again with our friends at Universal, and with our new ones at Fox and Microsoft. I’m a huge fan of the game and look forward to helping it come alive on the cinema screen.”


But it gets better. Alex Garland, ala 28 Days Later, will be penning the movie. The franchise already has, hands down, one of the best backstories in gaming history. Possibly only outdone by Bungie's own Marathon (although some would say that's because Marathon is the backstory to Halo...)

No director has been attached to the project yet. If I wasn't hoping Whedon would be busy doing a sequel to Serenity, I'd know who I would pick.

1 comment:

Brinstar said...

Alex Garland also wrote The Beach, which was later made into a film starring Leonardo DiCaprio. I didn't read The Beach, however Garland's second novel, The Tesseract is really good.