Cathode Tan - Games, Media and Geek Stuff
logo design by man bytes blog

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Space Turkeys Redux

Derek very kindly rescanned and uploaded his grab of the Space Turkeys ad complete with Spinnaker's copy on the bottom (original on flickr). Derek's got a great set of scans if you didn't catch them the first time around.

This ad must have had some impact ... because I'm pretty sure I at one time had Trains, Adventure Creator and Most Amazing Thing. Was Adventure Creator the text adventure editor? Because I know I wrote my first IF on whatever that thing was.



tagged: ,

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I said Spinnaker when this came up before, right? If so, kudos to those couple of brain cells that managed to keep that memory intact.

Speaking of, did you ever finish ISOTMAT? I hated the game after I figured out that the stuff you could buy in the store didn't actually do anything neat. And then I read the ending (on Wikipedia, I believe) and was glad I hadn't finished...

Josh said...

Yup, you got that one. I was happy I remembered there was supposed to be text underneath?

I know I never finished Amazing Thing. I wasn't even sure it was the game I was thinking of until I just read up on it on Wikipedia.

And I had the same reaction. Had I gotten to that end - I would have broken that Amazing Thing...