Cathode Tan - Games, Media and Geek Stuff
logo design by man bytes blog

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Nintendo Interviews With Wii Developers

Fascinating talks between Iwata (President of Nintendo) and Wii devs:

It must have been about a year after we started developing Wii. After speaking with Nintendo's development partners, I became keenly aware of the fact that there is no end to the desire of those who just want more. Give them one, they ask for two. Give them two, and next time they will ask for five instead of three. Then they want ten, thirty, a hundred, their desire growing exponentially. Giving in to this will lead us nowhere in the end. I started to feel unsure about following that path about a year into development.
-- Wii.Nintendo.com - In-Depth Regional Wii Coverage

Via kottke. Great stuff ... and how neat is it that the President conducts the interview? Heck, even if it's some media dictacted spin illusion - I don't think the guy who signs my checks could stand to ask me about my work for more than three minutes.




tagged: ,

No comments: