Cathode Tan - Games, Media and Geek Stuff
logo design by man bytes blog

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Visual Studio Express

Microsoft is releasing their free Visual Studio Express suite on a permanent basis. No license, no restrictions. Many readers of Cathode Tan know I'm not the biggest Visual Studio fan in the world, but one of my biggest complaints is the cost. Not that I see workplaces kicking the professional version anytime soon, but this is great news for amatuer and hobbyists who don't want to spend and arm and leg for what is widely the de facto compiler for Windows.

I'm hoping that GarageGames has a project for Torque Game Builder to work under VSE C++. I'll do some investigation later today to find out. If so, TGB would be a fairly low cost method of deploying 2D games across multiple platforms.



tagged: ,

No comments: