Cathode Tan - Games, Media and Geek Stuff
logo design by man bytes blog

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Katamari Creator Disses On Revolution

'I'm not really interested in it. I don't think a controller should have that much influence on the enjoyment of games.' He continued: 'I see what [Nintendo is] trying to do, but they're putting such emphasis on the controller; 'Woah, this controller lets you do this!' and I'm thinking - are you messing with us?'
-- Katamari Creator Critical of Revolution

I'm kinda sorry to see someone like Keita take such a stance, but it really explains why they thought Katamari might really well on the PSP. Me and My Katamari has been reviewed well, for sure, but I can't even imagine taking away the dual analog and maybe could see the DS's touchpad as a worthy alternative ... but not just the buttons. Rolling the katamari with my thumbs is what I love about the game, I find it extremely relaxing.

Course, I said a lot of mean things about the DS when it first came out myself, and I ended up playing Metroid Hunters for like three hours last night.



tagged: ,

No comments: