Cathode Tan - Games, Media and Geek Stuff
logo design by man bytes blog

Friday, April 21, 2006

Google Calendar For Online Matches (?)

I'm playing around with Google Calendar to see if it's a reasonable way of using groupware to organize online matches. I'm very iffy about it right now. Google has really done an amazing job with the Web 2.0 style of UI, no doubt. The wildcard is using links so that people can easily view the calendar, add challenges and view times.

You can try subscribing to my game calendar, but you'll probably need a google calendar account in the process. Sadly it doesn't work in Mac Safari right now (which is always a bit of a bone of contention with me and google, and well a lot of the Web 2.0 crowd ... if you can't make it easily cross-browser/platform, you're heading backwards).

Anyway, I've got that calendar setup for anyone to edit. We'll see how it goes.





tagged: ,

No comments: