Cathode Tan - Games, Media and Geek Stuff
logo design by man bytes blog

Saturday, August 13, 2005

Pathetic Humans!!

Ah, I love that this is right after I declare war on Mars.

Destroy All Humans came via GameFly yesterday. I didn't know that one of the main aliens is voiced by Zim. Dear golly, that's reason enough to play it. We only got through a couple of missions, but for the most part it seems like Pandemic is running hard with this "we'll build the playground, you destroy it as you see fit" philosophy ... and it works pretty well. It's very interesting to compare this game to Mercenaries. Mercenaries is more serious and feels, I dunno, a little more grand in scheme. Destroy All Humans feels a little more like an arcade, more tounge in cheek, but also somehow more accessible and easy to just pick up and go. You can just go terrorize a town if you want, pick up some DNA, and save the game and go. In Mercs, you gotta have some cash set aside for that sort of fun. Both great games, and I'm leaning towards Mercenaries being the better of the two, but I can't wait to see what Pandemic has next.

No comments: