Cathode Tan - Games, Media and Geek Stuff
logo design by man bytes blog

Monday, August 08, 2005

Adventures in Computing: The Network Drive

I finally tried to install my Inoi (which laughingly sounds like annoy to me) network drive yesterday. Neat idea, toss an FTP/Samba server onto a bit of PCB and let people hook their drive up to it.

Neat idea, if it worked at all. After getting the green LED to glow and the hard drive to chirp, apparently Inoi's networking has something to be desired. Like, connections. Neither the cards' IP or apparently domain name would offer up anything resembling a response.

So, buyer beware on this product. I'll update this post later with the model number.

Update: it's this model. Anyone with experience with the model would be great, since Inoi is currently ignoring my emails. I say buyer beware on this company.

No comments: