Cathode Tan - Games, Media and Geek Stuff
logo design by man bytes blog

Friday, February 09, 2007

Space Turkeys: The Scan





Oh, happy days - that's the ad my dad would always use an example as to the evil of video games. "Playing space turkeys" was nearly a battle cry for him. Yes, that is a monkey flying a plane and dive bombing some evil troll thing while being chased by a Pac-Man with wings. Brilliant! He got us a Commodore 64 only under the notion that we'd use it for homework and not games. That lasted about ten minutes. And now Dad has a GameCube sitting on top of his television.

Dang, I've been looking for that ad for years. Finally found it with m1a9366b's photoset of scans. I kinda wish it had the text that goes along with the ad - but I'll take what I can get.



tagged: ,

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I've been racking my poor little brain trying to figure out which company had this image in its adverts. I think it was one of the educational software companies, like Spinnaker. Anyway, I have a pile of magazines (I think) back home and will see if I can find one that has this advert. Should be mid-March if I get it.

Josh said...

I think you're right - that sounds awful familiar. This particular on was apparently in Compute! which I think might have been the magazine which made me afraid to code...

# said...

I'll try to rescan it with the text.

Josh said...

That would be great! Great scans overall - very nostalgic.

# said...

Thanks!

Here's the complete Spinnaker Space Turkeys ad.