Cathode Tan - Games, Media and Geek Stuff
logo design by man bytes blog

Friday, February 09, 2007

Space Turkeys: The Scan





Oh, happy days - that's the ad my dad would always use an example as to the evil of video games. "Playing space turkeys" was nearly a battle cry for him. Yes, that is a monkey flying a plane and dive bombing some evil troll thing while being chased by a Pac-Man with wings. Brilliant! He got us a Commodore 64 only under the notion that we'd use it for homework and not games. That lasted about ten minutes. And now Dad has a GameCube sitting on top of his television.

Dang, I've been looking for that ad for years. Finally found it with m1a9366b's photoset of scans. I kinda wish it had the text that goes along with the ad - but I'll take what I can get.



tagged: ,

5 comments:

jvm said...

I've been racking my poor little brain trying to figure out which company had this image in its adverts. I think it was one of the educational software companies, like Spinnaker. Anyway, I have a pile of magazines (I think) back home and will see if I can find one that has this advert. Should be mid-March if I get it.

Josh said...

I think you're right - that sounds awful familiar. This particular on was apparently in Compute! which I think might have been the magazine which made me afraid to code...

Derek said...

I'll try to rescan it with the text.

Josh said...

That would be great! Great scans overall - very nostalgic.

Derek said...

Thanks!

Here's the complete Spinnaker Space Turkeys ad.