Cathode Tan - Games, Media and Geek Stuff
logo design by man bytes blog

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

You Get Paid For What?

The workplace has done some proxy jiggering and lockdown of various websites, mostly in the name of network performance. For the most, I don't really care as long as I can still get e-mail and do a little surfbloggery during the occasional recompile. However, a few of the gaming news sites are blocked ... like gamespot.

So I was kevitching with a coworker about it, and apparently the cause is a few employees playing World of Warcraft and some other Massively Multiplayers during work. Now, that takes chutzpah. I feel guilty for the occasional blog rant or wikipedia wandering ... but leveling up before the lunch hour?

On a side note, I just got to overhear someone trying to explain what a non sequitar is to one of our foriegn employees. Pure gold, right there.

No comments: