Cathode Tan - Games, Media and Geek Stuff
logo design by man bytes blog

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Game Play: Dark Cloud 2

Okami might have to go on the backburner for a little while ... I finally got the chance to put Dark Cloud 2 into the old PlayStation 2. I've clocked about an afternoon or so and clearly have barely scratched the surface of the game. I just started playing with the weapon enhancing and invention process. The invention process is a great example of building a mini-game (in this case, finding and photographing items) that is tightly woven into the actual gameplay.

I haven't yet unlocked any new characters or gone into the world building aspects of the game - but I can already see why this was being labeled a "Zelda killer". This is the kind of game the PlayStation 3 is sorely lacking.



tagged: ,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have avoided this one based on my impression of the first Dark Cloud.

I'll have to pick it up if I see it marked down somewhere.

Josh said...

You might check out the wikipedia article on it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Cloud_2

As it probably gives some impressions on the differences between the two (weapons don't permanently break, etc). I never played the first, so...