Cathode Tan - Games, Media and Geek Stuff
logo design by man bytes blog

Thursday, October 12, 2006

No Cloned Cats For You

Genetic Savings & Clone, a biotechnology company that sold cloned pets, sent letters to its customers last month informing them it will close at the end of the year because of little demand for cloned cats. The company had recently reduced the price from $50,000 to $32,000.

The letters said the Sausalito, California company was not accepting new orders for clones because it was "unable to develop the technology to the point that cloning pets is commercially viable."
-- Dead Cats to Remain a Memory

I heard this on NPR on the ride in and my only response is - thank god. Not because I think cloning is the domain of evil scientists who live within secret lairs. Or rather, I do ... it's just that isn't what bothers me. What gets me is that if you name your ethically questionable morality boundary pushing venture with a pun ... you just deserve to go down.



tagged: ,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe I have a soft spot for puns, but thats pretty goddamn funny.