Cathode Tan - Games, Media and Geek Stuff
logo design by man bytes blog

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Times On The Wii Controller

I only got to play the new Metroid on the Wii for about 10 minutes, but I have to say that it was the first time I have ever felt like a console shooter was giving me something close to that mouse-and-keyboard experience. Twisting and turning the entire right-hand controller scrolled the view left and right, up and down, like a traditional mouselook. The A and B buttons on the right-hand controller fired and jumped, respectively. Meanwhile, the analog stick on the left controller moved me forward and back and allowed me to strafe left and right without changing my bearing, just like keyboard WSAD controls. The entire effect was completely intuitive for a PC gamer like me and felt like a real step beyond dual analog-stick controls.
-- Hands-On Time With Wii From Nintendo

I haven't seen anything but raves from E3 about the "Wii-mote". The games sound pretty interesting. It's inexpensive enough to get on my shopping list this year.

It's so entirely possible Nintendo outsmarted Microsoft and Sony with this generation.


tagged: , ,

No comments: