Cathode Tan - Games, Media and Geek Stuff
logo design by man bytes blog

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Terrorist Mods "Hoax"?

This is interesting. I'm not sure "hoax" is the right word or just major mainstream media Nelson "ha ha":

The video the retarded writer is referring to is not made by terrorists. It was made by a member of the Planetbattlefield forums. The voice of in the video is not a terrorist - it is Trey Parker from the movie Team America World Police. The article also claims it is a mod created by terrorist. It is not a mod. It is the Special Forces Expansion pack that anyone can buy.


I didn't really have much to say on that AP story about "terrorist mods". Largely because I wasn't sure what the fuss was about. There tons of hate crime and religiously fanatic games and mods out there ... just like there's hate metal or whatnot. If there's a substantial audience, someone will make it. The fact that it gives knuckleheads like Yee and Thompson something else to talk about ... well ... at least it's something real to talk about, unlike misleading stastics and non-existent crime.

So the idea of it being a "hoax" didn't really cross my mind. The line "I was just a boy when the infidels came to my village in Blackhawk helicopters" is indeed from Team America, so I'm willing to buy it. By hoax I mean some reporter so badly wanted it to be true that they didn't bother to think or check on it. So reporting about video games may have hit a new low. A new truly idiotic low.




tagged: ,

1 comment:

Jeffool said...

I would say it was funny, if it weren't so damn stupid. "Journalists" really worry me.