You lucky PC users get an updated version of Spore, we Mac people will have to wait a bit.
* Creature phase: Improved the pacing towards the end of the game, and increased the challenge in Normal and Hard modes.
* Tribe phase: Increased the challenge in Normal and Hard difficulty modes.
* Civilization phase: Increased the challenge in Normal and Hard difficulty modes.
* Space phase: Made Empires in Easy and Normal modes demand reasonable amounts of money in exchange for peace and adjust the level of punishment if the player doesn't pay
* Space phase: Made disasters less likely to occur in Easy and Normal modes and increased the time between each attack from the enemy empire when the player is at war.
It always worries me a little when games need to tweak things like this. It eludes to the "maybe this is the patch that adds the fun" joke which I'm sure has only been uttered about a billion times today alone.
But seriously - war in the Space stage is a broken down mechanic, plain and simple, and I don't know if just adjusting ransom money and frequency times will fix it. The real problem is that my one spaceship versus their entire army isn't really a war - it's annoying losing battle that doesn't seem to ever stop.