Cathode Tan - Games, Media and Geek Stuff
logo design by man bytes blog

Thursday, September 04, 2008

Dead Space Moves Up, Banned

Andrew of the clan EA dropped a note by to say that Dead Space has moved up its release date and will now drop on October 14th. Well, some places at least - apparently the title has been banned in Japan, China and Germany.

As marketing pushes go, Dead Space's has been pretty enjoyable. Watching the animated comic now off the PS3, showed off the trailer to a friend this afternoon and the ARGish No Known Survivors has plenty of appeal. It's marketing which is well designed to not just sell the product, but to expand the story around the game as well.

3 comments:

TimeDoctor said...

The linked url for No Known Survivors is incorrect, it should be:
http://www.noknownsurvivors.com/

Josh said...

Thanks for the catch!

Unknown said...

I'm pretty surprised that it's been banned in some of those countries... I'm looking forward to playing it but I don't think I'll be getting it at launch just yet.

By the way, what system are you guys going to be picking it up for? If you don't have both a 360 and PS3 to choose from you might want to take a look at this Stacker 2 contest going on where you can win the system of your choice. Right now there are less than 300 entrants, and besides the grand prize there are weekly prizes to win including a copy of the game Rise of the Argonauts and 6 Hour Power energy shots. For contest details, go here: http://www.brickfish.com/Entertainment/Stacker2?tab=overview

I hope I'm not overstepping my bounds by commenting on your post, Josh. I work with 6HP so if you have any questions about the contest or the drink let me know. If you'd like to help spread the word about the contest shoot me an e-mail and I'd be happy to give more details and such to you for a post. If any of you guys enter, be sure to also let me know and I'll vote for your designs. Good luck!

Franklin Keane
www.6hrpower.com
Franklin6hrpower@gmail.com