Cathode Tan - Games, Media and Geek Stuff
logo design by man bytes blog

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Game Play: Puzzle Quest

I'm probably the last DS owner on the planet to try this title, but I'm really glad I did. Essentially Bejeweled shoved into a light RPG - I'm completely addicted to it. And honestly, I was never that big of a Bejeweled fan.

Mechanically speaking, my favorite part is that it is one of those games you can play for any period of time. Play a little combat, flip off the DS. Or quest around for an hour. It's simple, it's addictive and it's fun.

I had some prototypes of interactive fiction which used a card game for combat - I might take some notes here as I was considering moving that concept to Flex (which technologically speaking has taken over my world).

3 comments:

Thomas said...

There used to be a pen-and-paper RPG that used poker hands as a resolution system. Really cool setting, too. Can't remember the name of it though.

Anonymous said...

Ms. Z has been playing this and I'm drooling in anticipation of her being done with it.

No sign of that happening any time soon, though.

Josh said...

That rings a big bell, Thomas - because I swear I ran across while looking at the idea. Can't think of the name either.

Still hooked. Now with a bus/train commute ... more time to play too.