Cathode Tan - Games, Media and Geek Stuff
logo design by man bytes blog

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Game Play: Fable

I picked up Fable: The Lost Chapters yesterday for $20. It was either that or KOTOR 2 for the same price. Interesting that it boiled down to such remarkably similar games - though as a side note I saw Unreal Anthology for about the same price and that is SO worth the admission considering the amount of content you can get for the Unreal engine.

Fable runs very, very pretty on CheapBox++. I've got everything maxed out but dropped the res just a tad to kick up some framerate. Kinda like my Dungeon Runners note from yesterday, I feel like I'm just scratching the surface of the game so far - so I can't say anything too comprehensive about it. I remember the debate that engaged over the game when it came out for the Xbox, but I don't really remember the details.

Basically, I didn't get the hype in the first place ... so it isn't disappointing me.

I found it to be an interesting mix of classic RPG elements and that of more free-form styles like the Elder Scrolls series. Everything about that last sentence makes me a happy camper. I haven't figured out if this has any kind of replayability factor for me, since I'm not sure how many of these quests I feel like repeating. For $20, though, it seems like a great deal at the moment.

No comments: