Cathode Tan - Games, Media and Geek Stuff
logo design by man bytes blog

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Game Play: Dark Cloud 2 Final Thoughts

Dark Cloud 2 went back to GameFly in an unfinished state. That was kind of sad for me considering the number of hours I had poured into the title. Unfortunately, while so much of this game is gold, the end chapter just somewhat falls apart. All the work you've done up to a point suddently feels meaningless and you're forced to revisit all sorts of old dungeons only with hugely more difficult monsters. This means the game really, really wanted me to go and replay old levels to grind up all my weapons before advancing into the final boss fight.

In other words, not much new for a lot of work. It is a great game and has many mechanics I wish new games would steal from, but I didn't have the patience for that last push.

No comments: