Cathode Tan - Games, Media and Geek Stuff
logo design by man bytes blog

Friday, March 02, 2007

Games And Sex

A sex educator, a games developer and a grad student walk into a bar. Bartender says, "What is this, some kind of joke?"

All right, so maybe the Game Developers Conference and SXSW Interactive are not, technically, bars. But over the next 10 days, interactive media wonks will converge upon San Francisco and Austin, Texas, and I have it on good authority that taverns, saloons and pubs will figure prominently.

You can't present a comprehensive program about interactivity without acknowledging the role of sexuality in the development of interactive applications. And since I can't attend either conference in person, I figured I would call a few of the sex-tech speakers to find out what's on their minds for 2007.
-- Tech Expos Take a Stab at Sex

It's an interesting article - but mostly I needed a post to boost some flagging traffic and I figured the Whorecraft photostream I found was going too far.

And yes, the phrase "uncanny valley" gets used.


tagged: ,

No comments: