Cathode Tan - Games, Media and Geek Stuff
logo design by man bytes blog

Monday, January 29, 2007

iPod Shooter

For the record - the side links I keep are generally of two kinds: either news which really requires no further commentary or news I just don't have time to comment on when I see it.

I saw this bit about a proposed iPod FPS game and thought it was the latter. Let me just say this: this is a great example as to why closed box development sucks. I'm assuming this is a demo created without access to the actual technical restraints of the iPod. This seems to be detrimental to both the project (because it can't realistically demonstrate the game) and Apple (who is getting a demo that can't be realistically created - see the synergy). And of course gamers who would want to see the game actually happen.



tagged: ,

No comments: