Cathode Tan - Games, Media and Geek Stuff
logo design by man bytes blog

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Gameplay: Phantasy Star Universe (PS2)

Calling this a "gameplay" post is a bit of a misnomer - I didn't really play Phantasy Star Universe. My disappointment for it peaked before I really could get into the game.

I didn't realize that the only offline mode is a lame story mode which barely resembles Phantasy Star Online. There's no character creation - you start out as some futuristic sk8ter boi off to see his girly. Look, I popped this game in because my real girlfriend was out for a walk and I just wanted to jump in, slash some monsters, collect some swag and jump out. If I wanted to run around with wide-eyed long-eared girls, I'd play Final Fantasy.

So that almost did it in - but I decided to see if the network mode had an offline option. No such luck. If your PS2 isn't jacked into the net - you don't get jack.

Compared to the GameCube version of Phantasy Star Online which offers four player splitscreen - this thing is a coaster.



tagged: ,

No comments: