Cathode Tan - Games, Media and Geek Stuff
logo design by man bytes blog

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Comcast Technician Sleeps On Customer's Couch

Finkelstein posted video of the sleeping technician and told this story on YouTube.com, a site that lets users share videos:
His Comcast Internet connection had worked only intermittently since he moved to a new apartment June 1. A Comcast employee who came to Finkelstein's home June 14 to replace the modem called the company for help. Put on hold for more than an hour, he caught some shut-eye while he waited.
Finkelstein, a Georgetown University law student, picked up his video camera, added an Eels song with the lyrics "I need some sleep," and sent it to YouTube.
-- Comcast Employee Sleeps During House Call

You can see the video on YouTube. I personally hate Comcast to their dark stained corporate soul. My digital cable with them was a joke - constantly fuzzy and channels dropping off on me. Their technical support was, ironically to this, the only thing I liked about them. When I could finally get through customer support (I think I came close to napping myself) and get someone out to fix it, they'd always arrive on time and work promptly.

Then came the day I got a mail from Comcast gleefully stating that I'd get a few new channels (at a cost) ... real useful channels like ESPN Golf 3 (largely mini golf and senior citizen tournaments, I think). So now, I couldn't watch channels I wanted, could barely get anyone on the phone to complain and was getting to pay for new channels I never wanted.

I dropped them cheerfully shortly thereafter. Have had DirectTV at the new place and loved every minute of it.




tagged: ,

No comments: