Cathode Tan - Games, Media and Geek Stuff
logo design by man bytes blog

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Apple's Boot Camp: Windows XP on Intel Macs

After letting hackers spend many a night figuring out how to get Windows XP to run on Intel based Macs ... Apple has released Boot Camp to officially allow dual booting into both environments.

I'm not sure if this is a smart move or simply a realistic one. People were going to do it anyway, so it seems in Apple's best interest to capitalize on it and make it a friendly portion of the OS. On the other hand, this might reduce the urge for people to port software to the Macs in the future, especially games, since developers might simply assume Mac users will have access to a PC anyway. And clearly Vista is a wild card here.

As I've been winding up the IF development, I've been looking over my own shoulder on what to play with next. Working with HTML and JavaScript has left me with the urge to compile something, so it will either be a simple Unreal mod for Windows or one of my Mac game projects.




tagged: ,

No comments: