Cathode Tan - Games, Media and Geek Stuff
logo design by man bytes blog

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Possible Cathan Demo

I might try and cobble together a quick demo of the text adventure engine I've been working on by next week. I'm trying to pin down a short but simple story to work off of first and then need try and shove it into the new framework. The new stuff is a pretty radical departure to the near infoclone I had before, and I'm still unsure about it. Most basic is that I'm working off of pages, or scenes, rather than distinct rooms. Think of a page where most of the content is initially blank, but portions become revealed through manipulation and eventually the user goes to the next page.

Pages are chronological. Once you go forward in the pagelist, going back would be essentially the same as reverting back to that point. The rationale behind this is to try and write this more as a story which are played like a game, rather than distinctly as a game. I have no idea whether it will fly or not, hence the demo.




tagged: ,

No comments: