Cathode Tan - Games, Media and Geek Stuff
logo design by man bytes blog

Monday, June 13, 2005

Other Simple Questions

Desert Island Games?

1) A decent Rogue/Nethack game. 2) X-Com. 3) The Sims. 4) Defender. 5) Monopoly.

Oddly, these aren't really representative of a rainy day selection ... just ones that I could see keeping me from insanity. Bit sad there isn't a single shooter in the bunch.

And then Corvus had a book meme. This is a bit harder, as I'm no longer an avid reader, but:

Total number of books I own: a lot.
The last book I bought: Invisible Monsters.
The last book I read: Same.
Five books that mean a lot to me (in no particular order):
The Sound and the Fury. Stranger in a Strange Land. Collected Works of T.S. Eliot. Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Engine Summer. (brilliant use of narrative, highly imaginitive social commentary, simply beautiful, ingenious comedy, impressively thoughtful yet approachable science fiction).

1 comment:

Josh said...

It was actually a bit of a tie between those two ... as I think I remember liking them about equally.